Attention all positive psychology enthusiasts! A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment is an free online course provided by Coursera to help you live a better life and learn more. Guest appearances include Barbara Fredrickson, Ed Diener, Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, and more.
About this course
In this course, Dr. Rajagopal Raghunathan (also known as “Dr. Happy-Smarts”), a professor of marketing at the McCombs School of Business at UT Austin, will be teaching you about the “7 Deadly Happiness Sins”, “7 Habits of the Highly Happy”, and educate you on why the smart-and-the-successful aren’t as happy as they could—or should—be.
The course is 6 weeks long and starts on the 14th of March 2016.
Dr. Raj’s course has been receiving a lot of attention now and has become one of the Top 10 Most Popular MOOC courses for June (competing with 130 courses!). It has also been mentioned as one of the most essential courses for Business! So hurry and sign up now!
If you want to know more about Dr. Rajagopal Raghunathan (Dr. Happy-Smarts), visit www.happysmarts.com
Should you participate?
You should participate in this course if:
- You have everything in your life to make you happy, yet you not happy.
- Have a curiosity to know more about happiness but did not know where to learn more.
- You want to know more about the ‘big questions’ in life (e.g the meaning of life).
- You are willing to apply new habits to your life, even if it goes against your beliefs.
You should not participate in the course if:
- You do not like your views challenged or you are closed to new perspectives.
- Note: this course is not a substitute for medication/psychological counselling, or a fix for clinical depression.
Will you get a certificate?
Although the course if free, if you would like a certificate you can register for the signature track costing $43,-. The signature track offers a Verified Certificate but not a Statement of Accomplishment.
Here are two examples of what such a certificate looks like:
More information about the signature track can be found here.
How to enroll for this course?
You can enroll for this course for free via this link.
Week 1: Course overview and the 1st deadly happiness sin: De-Valuing Happiness
Week 2: The 2nd deadly happiness sin: Chasing superiority
Week 3: The 3rd deadly happiness sin: being needy—or it’s opposite: Being avoidant
Week 4: The 4th deadly happiness sin: Being overly controlling
Week 5: The 5th and 6th deadly happiness sins: Distrusting others, and distrusting life
Week 6: The 7th deadly happiness sin: Ignoring the source within, and wrap-up